Ennai kathrikai Fry is authentic South Indian side dish which is prepared with Eggplant/Brinjal, roasted powder of coconut,channa dal,urad dal,pepper to give wonderful flavor without using onion or garlic in this recipe.This Ennai kathrikai Fry recipe takes only 20 mins to cook and tastes soo yummy !!! My mom always serves this with curd rice or Bisibellabath ♥ ♥. You can also serve with Sambar or Rasam sadham or Roti/chapati . Check out brinjal/Eggplant recipes too Brinjal/Eggplant Sambar , Baigan ka Salan/Brinjal Curry ,Ennai kathrikai Kuzhambu
Serves : 3 Cook Time : 20 Mins
- Brinjal/Eggplant – 3 medium
- Red chili-3 or Red chili powder-1 tbsp (adjust based on spice level)
- Pepper-2 tsp
- Channa dal-2 tsp
- Urad dal-2 tsp
- Coconut-1/4 cup
To Temper :
- Sesame Oil-2 tbsp
- Jeera/Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
Ennai kathrikai Fry Recipe:
- Clean the Brinjal/Eggplant well in water and cut into desired shapes,then soak it in water to avoid the color change or else it turns to brown in color.
- Dry roast the ingredients mentioned under section ‘to Grind’ for about 3-4 mins.Once cooled grind to fine powder.
- Heat Pan with oil ,cumin, mustard seeds,asafeotida and saute till mustard splutter.
- Add the chopped brinjal/eggplant and cook with lid on for about 5-6 mins in medium flame.
- Open the lid and then add the grinded powder,salt.Mix it well together and cook for about 15 mins until it gets soft.make sure to stir it often.
If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking 😀
Brinjal Sambar /Eggplant lentil Soup
Baigan ka Salan/Brinjal Curry
Ennai kathrikai kuzhambu
2,467 total views, 1 views today