Kale Fry or Kale poriyal is very nutritious green leafy side dish which is good source of fiber and protein so I make sure to have at least once in 10 days.This Kale Fry recipe just takes 20 mins to cook to enhance its flavor garnish with coconut flakes.This goes well with Vatha kulambu , Golden thread fish curry , Pompano fish curry without coconut , Sambar , Rasam , Ennaikathrikai kulambu. Check out similar recipes Vazhaipoo kootu , Beans poriyal , Keerai masiyal/Spinach dal , Palak paneer , Palak kichdi/Spinach rice , Aloo Palak/Spincah&potato fry.
Cook Time : 20 mins Serves : 3
- Kale-1 bunch (7-8 leaves with stem)
- Oil-1 tsp
- Shredded Coconut-1/4 cup
- Jeera/Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Chili powder-1/2 tsp
- Onion-1/2 cup
- Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
- Jeera powder-1/4 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Green chili -1
- Urad dal-1/2 tsp
- Channa dal-1/2 tsp
- Hing/Asafoetida- pinch
Kale Fry recipe:
- Rinse the kale well in water and then chop the stem and leaves separately.Because stem part is hard and it should be cooked first until it becomes tender and then the leaves.
- Heat oil in pan then add jeera,urad dal,channa dal,hing and saute for about a min.
- Add chopped garlic,green chili,salt and onion.Saute till onion gets cooked well.
- Add stem and sprinkle little water and cook with lid on for about 3-4 mins until stem becomes soft.
- Add the leaves and red chili powder,coriander powder,jeera powder.Cook with lid on for about 15-20 mins until cooked completely and make sure to stir it often to avoid burn.
- Open the lid and add shredded coconut.Saute for about 2 mins.
- Serve Kale Fry with Vatha kulambu , Golden thread Fish curry , Pompano Fish Curry without coconut , Ennaikathrikai/Eggplant tamarind Curry & rice
If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking 😀
Beans Poriyal/Beans Fry
3,500 total views, 11 views today