Vendakkai fry is simple and simple South Indian side dish for rice or roti where okra is cooked slowly with onions and mild spices which is perfect for vendakkai/okra/ladies fingers lovers 😉 😉 . And my Grandma always insist me not to waste okra in plate as I don’t like Okra during my childhood but now I am loving it :p :p .This Vendakkai fry recipe is easy and trick to make it more tasty is cooking slowly in low flame + adding more oil until it starts to brown.I love it with curd rice , Quinoa Curd rice 😀 .And good choice for lunch box side dish.
Serves : 2 Total time : 30 mins
- Okra/vendakkai-250 gms
- Salt- to taste
- Onion-1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Oil-3 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Sambar powder-1 tsp
- Curry leaf-5
- Urad dal-1 tsp
Vendakkai fry recipe :
- Clean and rinse the okra well in water.Cut the front and back part of okra and discard it.Then cut okra into small pieces as shown.
- Add 1 tsp oil,okra and fry it for about 8-10 mins until stickiness reduces.Transfer to the plate.
- Heat pan with 1 tbsp oil ,hing,urad dal once it changes to slight brown in color add mustard seeds wait till it splutters.
- Add curry leaf,onion and salt.Cook till translucent and then add turmeric ,sambar powder.Fry about 5 mins and if its too dry just sprinkle water so that masala doesn’t gets burnt.
- Add the roasted okra,1 tbsp oil and close the lid.
- Make sure to stir in between and the flame is in medium and cook slowly with lid on.After 10 mins add another 1 tbsp oil and stir in between without the lid for another 10 mins.
If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking 😀
Asparagus Fry (Healthy Side dish)
Stuffed Okra/Bharwan Bhendi
2,928 total views, 11 views today