Methi dal is the nutritious dish in the planet as every green leafy varieties have unique health benefits .This Methi dal would taste little bitter but has loads of health benefits . My mom always tells me to include methi/Vendhaya keerai in any form at least once in a week like Methi thepla (if you mix the methi in the chapti dough it won’t taste that bitter) , Methi Puri .You can also check out Vazhaipoo kootu , Keerai masiyal/Spinach dal , Beetroot poriyal , Spinach rice/Palak kichdi
Cook Time : 20 mins Serves : 4
- Methi/Vendhaya Keerai- 1 bunch
- Toor dal-1/2 cup
- Garlic-4 cloves
- Small Onion/shallots-5
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Salt-to taste
- Red chili powder-1 tsp
- Jeera/Cumin seeds-2 tsp
Methi dal recipe :
- Rinse the methi or vendhaya keerai well in water .Pressure cook toor dal,methi,tomato,turmeric,1 tsp oil,red chili powder,salt for about 3 whistles.
- Once cooled pulse it once so that dal gets mashed evenly.
- For tadka , heat pan with 1 tbsp oil,jeera and garlic.Cook till garlic changes to slight brown and then add onion.Saute till onion gets cooked well.
- Pour the tadka to the Methi dal and mix it well.
Serve this healthy Methi dal with roti/chapati and if you are non vegetarian have with chicken fry 😉
If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking 😀
7,402 total views, 4 views today