Mutton Kulambu is finger licking dish which no one can deny it !! I just love eating this Mutton Kulambu with hot idly 🙂 This recipe is simple but tasty gravy which would be liked by your loved ones for sure. Right now my kitchen is filled with gravy aroma and i am waiting for a bite 😀 .As i am staying in US , it was difficult for me to get fresh mutton and unknowingly i used to buy lamb from costco 🙁 and to my surprise i found goat/mutton from wholesomechoice or 99 ranch market 😀 and from then on i started getting the meat from those markets!!!!! if you are staying in any part of US you can get in Indian store or any asian market as well but do make sure you are buying mutton/goat and not lamb.
Tips to make yummy Mutton kulambu :
- Clean 1/2 kg mutton with 1 tsp turmeric and water well.Cook mutton/goat perfectly along with ginger garlic paste and just 3/4 cups of water in pressure cooker, I usually cook for 12-15 whistles.
- Use mutton stock in gravy which will enhance the flavor.
- Use homemade sambar powder to get perfect flavor as well as its healthy too rather than mutton masala from shop.
If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking 😀
Check out other recipes:
Mutton Kulambu /Gravy YouTube recipe:
- Mutton/goat-1/2 kg
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
- Water- around 3/4 cup
- Oil-2 tbsp
- Star anise-1
- Cinnamon sticks-1
- Pearl onion-15
- Tomato-1/4 cup
- Salt-1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tbsp
- Sambar powder-4 tsp
- Onion-1/2 cup
- Tomato-1/2 cup
- Clean mutton well with turmeric powder and water.Then Pressure cook mutton by adding ginger garlic paste,water for 15 whistles or until mutton gets cooked well.
- Grind tomato and onion by adding required water into fine paste.
- Heat wok with oil once hot add clove,star anise,cinnamon sticks then add pearl onion,salt.Cook till onion becomes translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook till raw flavor disappears.
- Add tomato and then cook till mushy.
- Add grinded tomato and onion paste and cook with lid on for 10 mins.
- Add cooked mutton with its stock to it.Stock enhances the flavor so do add it 🙂
- Add sambar powder and required water for gravy consistency and combine everything well.Cook with lid on for 15 mins or until the sambar powder gets cooked well.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve it with hot idly or rice
- Cook Mutton properly so first cook mutton for 8 whistles then check whether it is cooked fully or else pressure cook for more whistles, mine took around 15 whistles to cook the meat perfectly.
- Use mutton stock to the gravy as it enhances flavor
472 total views, 8 views today