Vazhaipoo kootu is prepared with chopped banana flower, grinded coconut paste , moong dal & spices.Vazhaipoo or banana flower is rich in fiber and very healthy to include in your diet especially for the women.As we are including coconut & dal it decreases the bitterness and enhances the taste too. Puli kulambu and vazhaipoo kootu is the best combination which i love to the core 😀
Cook Time : 20 Mins Serves : 3
- Vazhaipoo – 1
- Moong dal-1/4 cup
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Salt – as required
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Channa dal – 1 tsp
- Urad dal -1 tsp
- Garlic- 3 cloves chooped
- Green chilli – 4
- Jeera/cumin- 2 tsp
- Shredded coconut- 1/4 cup
Vazhaipoo kootu Recipe:
- Clean and cut the vazhaipoo into small pieces and cook moong dal for about 2 whistles.You can check this link on how to clean and cut vazhaipoo.
- Grind jeera,green chilli,coconut into fine paste by adding little water.
- Heat a pan with oil and once hot add mustard seeds,urad,channa dal
- Once mustard seeds splutter add onion ,garlic and salt and saute till onion becomes translucent
- Add turmeric and tomato and let it cook till it is smushy .
- Add vazhaipoo /banana flower , little water to it and close the lid for 5 mins.
- Add Cooked moong dal and grinded paste to it and cook for 15 mins by closing the lid.
If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking 😀
1,521 total views, 3 views today