Vazhakkai Fry goes yummy with sambar/rasam/curd rice. This is my bro’s fav dish so thrice a week mom prepares this Vazhakkai Fry and he tells mom to add more oil to it so that texture becomes so crispy and tasty ;).Honestly I am not very big fan of Vazhakkai but I love to eat vazhakkai/plantain chips 😀
- Raw banana -2
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – as required
- Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaf- garnish
- Cut the ends of raw banana and peel off the skin
- Cut the banana into thin small pieces. Heat pan with 1 tbsp. oil and once hot add thinly cut pieces of banana.
- Add the ginger garlic paste , once raw flavor disappears, add chilli,cumin,turmeric,coriander powder and mix it well.
- Add another 1 tbsp of oil and close the lid. Cook for 10 mins and flip it over in between.Garnish with coriander leaf.
- Serve it with rasam/sambar/curd rice.
- Dip Vazhakkai Fry with ranch or onion dip and eat it
- If you want to use boiled banana for this dish ,you can peel the skin,cut into cubes and immerse into water and close the lid.Cook till it becomes soft (i.e 5-10mins) but don’t overcook it or else it will become smashy. I prefer this method for vazhakkai podimas .
- Add generous amount of oil to get crispy vazhakkai.
If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking 😀
Onion Bhaji/Onion Fritters
3,337 total views, 3 views today