Gulab jamun are spongy milk based popular Indian dessert which is soaked in sugar syrup. Serving jamun with ice cream or topping with coconut flakes makes it more tempting and tasty.And i love to eat hot jamun always because i find it more tasty than the normal temperature Gulab jamuns 😉 .
Trick for perfect shapes for jamun without cracks
Apply oil all over the palm and make round shape ,oil will help to make jamun without any cracks
Serves : 6 Total time : 50 min
- MTR Gulab jamun mix or any instant gulab jamun mix-2 cups
- Milk-to kneed
- Oil-to deep fry
- Sugar-2 and 1/2 cup
- Water-3 cups
- Saffron-4 strings
- Lemon juice-1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder-pinch
Detailed Recipe with pictures:
- Add MTR instant mix and milk little by little to make soft dough or else it will be sticky dough.
- Pour oil all over palm and take small piece from dough and make round shape without any cracks.Adding oil while making shapes will help you make jamun without any cracks.So do ensure you add oil all over palm.
- Mean while prepare sugar syrup.Add sugar,water,cardamom powder,saffron,lemon juice and let it boil till it gets the syrup consistency and make sure to switch off the stove before it forms 1 string consistency.We use Lemon juice as it prevents sugar from crystallizing.
- Heat oil and to check oil is hot drop small portion of dough it starts bubbling all over the sides of dough.Switch of the stove to medium and add the jamuns .
- Cook all over the jamuns till color changes to slightly dark brown color.
- Drop the hot jamuns to warm sugar syrup and let it soak for about half an hr.Serve with ice cream or top it with coconut flakes or almonds.
Store Gulab jamun in refrigerator for about 3 days and microwave for about 20-30 secs and serve hot which tastes sooooo yummy or with an ice cream:D
If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking 😀
1,405 total views, 2 views today